We have more adventures to come. Here are just some that we have planned.
(not in any particular order)
|James & Tony|
- Kitchen (all new appliances and lower cabinets already purchased and in storage since 2012)
- Open up a 'hidden' bedroom on the 3rd floor that is obscured by the bathroom (added 40 yrs ago) by opening it up to an adjacent bedroom and allowing for private access to the bathroom.
- Add a 1st floor bathroom/mudroom (addition off kitchen)
- Completely renovate 2nd and 3rd floor bathrooms
- Renovate three 2nd floor bedrooms including refinishing the original wood floors, new wiring, lighting and ceiling fans.
- Renovate 6 bedrooms on 3rd floor including refinishing the original wood floors, hiding a microwave and mini fridge in foyer cabinets, replace lighting and add ceiling fan.
- Create a living room from a bedroom on 2nd floor. (has walk-out to balcony) featuring bar, entertainment center (this room is connected to the Master Bedroom)
- NEW and efficient heating/cooling system. (wood boiler? Propane? Solar?) currently using 50 year old electric baseboard heating $$$$; and install a whole house ceiling fan on 3rd floor
- Incorporate hidden sound and lighting equipment into living room for house concerts and design an easily convertible living room/ concert room.
- Build bookshelves and hidden entertainment center in living room
- Install hydraulic elevator in empty (and newly wired) elevator shaft so we can remain in the house in old age.
- Replace 5 exterior doors, basement windows and hole in basement wall!
- Insulate the basement ceiling/first floor
- Replace a weathered section of back porch
- Rebuild back porch steps, landing and patio
- Build simple outdoor backyard stage wired for sound and lighting
- Renovate 3rd floor windows
- Expand (or relocate across the street on our 6 acres) our book house for our expanding family business (Commonwealth Book Company)